PDA

View Full Version : Its in the shop what should I have them do?

thirdstreettito
09-22-2009, 14:07
My truck is going in to Chasons Diesel, I dont have the time or patience to hunt down the fuel issue, so they can do it. I need valve cover gaskets so they are doing those while they have the truck, what else should I have them do? I dont have much money.

trbankii
09-22-2009, 14:39
Really hard to say what needs to be done without more information about mileage, symptoms, conditions, and so forth...

DmaxMaverick
09-22-2009, 15:11
Unless you need a temporary valve cover solution, use sealer instead of the gaskets. Gaskets are fine, if you need to remove them again soon or often. Otherwise, the gaskets WILL leak after a while.

thirdstreettito
09-23-2009, 04:24
Is my 84 K10, C code. 80XXX original miles. When she hasnt been started in a half hour or more she smokes white, but only when 100+ rpms above idle. Other than that she is great, she is fast too.

Robyn
09-23-2009, 06:56
Very likely its one of two things. Timing chain stretch has retarded the timing a little, causing the smoke and or the injectors are in need of replacement.

I would try bumping the timing up just a tad and see if this corrects the issue.

Now if cold starts are not an issue then the injectors may be fine.
If the critter huffs out a ton of white smoke and runs rough when starting then it probably needs injectors.

Whiteish/bluish smoke on a warm engine is generally one of these two issues.

Robyn