PDA

View Full Version : bad ticking noise in injection system

randy85
09-23-2009, 18:51
i have an 01 lb7 just installed in my truck with 122.000 km started an ran perfect for the first 3 days all of a sudden it starts knocking and pouring black smoke scanned it and got #2 and #4 injectors circuit low input im gonna say probably the wires going through valve cover what do you guys think?

Duramaster
09-25-2009, 06:26
If it was/ is the wires, it would have probably shut down that group of injectors (2,3,5,8 or 1,4,6,7). With that same thought, if the injector is out of specifications "ELECTRICALLY" the group will also shut down. I am dealing with one currently. The #2 injector is out of specs (too high resistance which should be .4 - .8 ohms) which has in turn shut down that group of injectors and has also set dtc P0202, PO203, P0205, P0208, P1262. Look at the balance rates and see if the rates are way off. Should be 0 +/- 4.5 mm in P/N. If you have a good scanner you should also be able to perform an injector balance test. Worse case, take it to a dealer. Your condition does not sound too difficult to diagnose with the proper diagnostic equipment. Believe it or not, there are still a few of us "GOOD" dealers out there. ;)