PDA

View Full Version : It's not just us GM guys...

BobND
02-06-2006, 20:54
Other brands have troubles, too!

Recently, we replaced a MLPS (manual lever postion switch) on a '99 PowerChoke for a customer. It was full of water, with a damaged connector, just like the NSBU switches on the Allisons!

He towed it back to our shop today. He was pulling out a stuck vehicle with it, and lost "fly-by-wire" accelerator pedal (it will start, and just idle), dash lights, tach, and speedo.

I will look at it tomorrow... it sure sounds like a 6.5 that's lost a ground or two, as he claims he's checked all the fuses!

Black95TD
02-07-2006, 08:35
Thats for sure. I just sold my 95 last summer. The pricing was really good. After ten years and 120K, the only thing I replaced under the hood was the OPS unit, the waste gate solinoid, fuel and air filters, one belt and the thermostat. The dealer replaced the FI pump 3 times at no cost. Aside from sitting at the side of the road twice (towed once) the truck was great.

Plus the 94 - 99 style was the best ever!

Keep em running!

Tough Guy
02-07-2006, 11:56
No brand of light Diesel truck is perfect...and most aren't cheap to replace parts on either!

It will interesting to see what happens over the next ten years to the latest generation of computer controlled/high pressure fuel system trucks.

Chris

NH2112
02-07-2006, 17:09
Originally posted by Tough Guy:
No brand of light Diesel truck is perfect...and most aren't cheap to replace parts on either!

It will interesting to see what happens over the next ten years to the latest generation of computer controlled/high pressure fuel system trucks.

Chris Easy - you'll have to sell it if it breaks down out of warranty because it'll cost a year's worth of truck payments to fix most problems in the powertrain.