PDA

View Full Version : 99 chevy 3500 2wd 6.5 tailight wiring diagram

mrutah12
09-26-2009, 00:21
Good day all i am in need of a wiring diagram for my truck i am havung an issue with my brake lights not working put a new brake switch in nothing my third brake light works turn signals work and my running lights work but no brake lights fuses are good triple checked them checked all realys the pretain to brkaes and they all pin out ok the repair book i have does not give my a clear discription for the wires there are 6 wires coming out of the switch the orange wire is hot all the time i can jumper to the other wires and nothing happens except my 3rd brake light comes on so if any one has a good diagram then i sure would like a copy of it i dont have much hair left to pull out :confused: you can send it to my private email which is whg@qwestnet thank you

a5150nut
09-26-2009, 07:47
Don't have a diagram to send, but how is your turn signal switch? That would be the one central point to the brake lights. Power from the brake light switch runs to the turn signal switch. Then it splits from there left and right.;)

suburbanK-2500HD
09-27-2009, 06:34
Have sendt you two docs, take a look at it and se if it helps.

:)

if you cant open it rename it to .doc

mrutah12
09-27-2009, 20:27
got the diagrams thank you just one question though on the diagram it shows only two wires coming out of the brake switch but if i remember right i beleive there are 6 wires coming out of it so are the other wires for the ecm he has no cruise control thats what is so confusing about it well i guess i will do some more probing and see whats what thanks again for the diagrams :D

suburbanK-2500HD
09-28-2009, 07:31
got the diagrams thank you just one question though on the diagram it shows only two wires coming out of the brake switch but if i remember right i beleive there are 6 wires coming out of it so are the other wires for the ecm he has no cruise control thats what is so confusing about it well i guess i will do some more probing and see whats what thanks again for the diagrams :D

i checked thees models, and they are the same

c3500 pickup / cab & chassis c3500 / c3500hd ?

JohnC
09-28-2009, 11:32
They all have cruise control, just some don't have the buttons on the turn signal stalk...