PDA

View Full Version : Injectors and Questions?

SoloCam III
02-06-2006, 23:53
Bought some Marine Remans at auction., when I received them they were all thrown in a ziploc bag with NO protectors (& dinged up), it got me to wondering about the nozzles in them?
My question is what's involved in taking a few of these apart and checking to make sure they have marine nozzles? Not really worried about taking them apart but is there a set-up procedure dealing with the length of the nozzle,etc.
I just recently got my 6.5 and got a lot learn (like bite'n the bullet and buying from a repitable source to begin with). Thanks

Barry Nave
02-07-2006, 03:54
NO protectors (& dinged up-----
Then return them.
Injectors is not shade tree job

Bobbie Martin
02-07-2006, 05:01
I just went through this. I can tell you I think most of the "Marine" injectors are just normal 6.5 injectors (Bosch 304) that are shimmed to have higher pop pressure. They are not the proper Marine injector.

There is a local place selling on the internet that has marine injectors at a very good price. I bought a set and they looked bad (dirty, covered in fuel, etc.). Now the exterior is not real important, but they did not have caps, etc. The seller swore they were real Bosch 311 nozzles (the proper Marine nozzle). When I got home, I disassembled one just to check. The nozzle had no markings whatsoever and had grit in the housing. The next day I took them back and the seller said they sand off the number to keep other people from finding out the number they use. While that may be true, I still returned them. In the seller's defense, he was polite and returned my money, no hassle at all. I checked into some other so called "Marine" injectors and after asking some direct questions, the seller admitted they use 304 nozzles. I ended up taking my cores to a local Bosch dealer. They ordered the genuine Bosch Marine nozzles for them and rebuilt them into Marine injectors. They came back bead blasted with plastic caps installed. Yes, they cost more than the what you find on eBay, but I feel confidant they are true Bosch Marine injectors. From what I have found, real 311 nozzles cost almost double the 304 nozzles.

The only way I know to verify what you have is to disassemble the injector and look at the nozzle. It should have the Bosch logo and the part number on it. To check the pop pressure, you really need a test stand, something most home mechanics do not possess. Based on my experience, you do not have Marine nozzles. Some people claim shimmed 304 nozzles are just as good as true 311s, but I cannot say if that is true or not.

Kennedy
02-07-2006, 13:29
We get a little more for ours, BUT they are guarranteed to be the real deal. I'm not going to go into detail, but we actually TESTED the delivery versus the stock nozzle as well...

[ 02-07-2006, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: kennedy ]

Bobbie Martin
02-07-2006, 15:00
John,
Can you tell us the difference in flow rates, etc between the Marine & stock nozzles?

Kennedy
02-07-2006, 16:55
Properly set up, about 9.6% increase in flow. Seems everyone wants to cash in on these things these days and offer them cheap, but as the saying goes: "You get what you pay for"