PDA

View Full Version : MAX BOOST PSI 01 Lb7

Slufoot101
09-27-2009, 16:33
Whats the max safe boost psi for towing ? I am towing a 5th wheel thats heavy, truck and trailer 23k :eek:
i got the banks big head wastgat
i have seen 27/28 psi just mashing on it around town i havent put in SL level and held it to the floor yeat. i fill like it may tear the guts from the trany or blow the heads off of it
I have all ready replaced the eng. I put a 03 lb7 with 48,000 miles. used some parts from the 01 eng to make it work but has the 03 turbo

KEEP IN MIND I WISH FOR SAFE POWER NOT SPENDING 7000.00 on new eng or heads

Slufoot101
09-30-2009, 16:15
Any one :cool:

DmaxMaverick
09-30-2009, 20:14
I tow (and have been for 10's of thousands of miles) with my max set at 29.9 PSIG. At about 33-35 PSI (depends on altitude), it will overboost, and limp. I have no boost pressure "override" type programming. I doubt Banks has any, either. They usually err on the conservative side, when it comes to engine protection. Keep it under 30 and it should be fine, and a happy PCM.

http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/images/icons/icon4.gifWatch your EGT'shttp://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/images/icons/icon4.gif. Level 5 empty on flat ground is nothing, just keep all the temps under control. When towing, it is too much. I suggest sticking with Banks' recommendation for your trailer weight, and keep your EGT's in check. If you tow with higher power, drive by the gages. All of them. If you don't have an EGT gage, don't try anything above stock until you do.

Slufoot101
10-01-2009, 06:49
SOUNDS good on my way here to QB,CA. i run a 06 d-max on the highway
I been running with this truck for about 30miles i new he wanted to try me we was running about 75 he was maby 4 truck links behind me then i seen the black smoke i let him get at tail gate then i mashed on the d-max and he never passed me we ran 98 or what ever the cut off is he could never pass me or i could never pass him ....:D
but i thought it was impressive that i could get him like that by him trying to pass me from 75 to 98 my truck is fast
I only seen 25 lbs of boost egt was 980 it was 55deg out side .. in owensboro KY. i seen 28 just cruzzing around