PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Topkick 6.6 air filter box and filter

TATUZINHO
10-01-2009, 06:56
What a pain in the motivator just to change or clean this setup. any suggestions on replacing this big round turd!

Mark Rinker
10-02-2009, 07:05
Hmmmm...I thought it was pretty easy, actually. The filter is HUGE so you only need to change at ~50K intervals of highway driving.

If you are moderately skinny, open the hood and climb directly in front of the grill with your body in the opening created...two hands and a screwdriver, its directly in front of you.

I am certain that there is no aftermarket replacement. You might be able to adapt something from another larger diesel application, but doubt it would be an easier to deal with.

I'm thinking this is a body position issue, if you are trying to service from the drivers or passenger's side. That would be hard.

TATUZINHO
10-08-2009, 05:47
Well i had occasion to watch a mechanic, pull the box and filter when i had the alternator go out in Amelia, LA. Tip: he used a small stool to stand on set in the opening between hood space and bumper. didn't take long but now looking for something similar, preferably collapsable.
Regards
Pablo

Mark Rinker
10-12-2009, 16:38
A milk crate could work - and carry it with for extra oil/filters/etc. as well...

a5150nut
10-12-2009, 19:29
A milk crate could work - and carry it with for extra oil/filters/etc. as well...

Might want an old mud flap to put that milk crate on. They tend to slip out from under ya when you make that last little reach. . . . . :eek: