PDA

View Full Version : Bad Case of a Stupid Attack

gmenor
04-18-2005, 18:19
Well I ordered JK's light booster and installed it. I followed the downloaded instructions until I had the Diode in hand and wondered where it went to - black and grey male adapters??? Called JK and sent a cried out for what to do. After looking at it and seeing that it probably hooked up to the female adapters of the original wiring harness (stupid me) mission over (or so I thought). Tried to fire the burb up and notice no glow plug time (Uh Oh). Tried it twice same thing. Gave it a crank anyway and yup hard starting - but no start. Turned it off and got glow plug time and started. Check to see my handy work and yes brights in the city tonight! Well, had to take the wife somewhere and jumped into the truck got down the road, noticed no RPM, voltage down to zip and irregular MPH reading. Going through mental check list of possible problems with my pea size brain is going 100 mph (and smoking too). Pulled over and and came to the conclusion it had to be the diode. Pulled the diode out and refired the truck - voltage still down, no RPM. RPM is alternater driven - did I short it out? Open the hood and noticed I didn't hook the plug back in the alternater. Morale of this story is don't get excited over an new upgrade and check everything twice before going anywere. Just a bad case of the stupid attack!

Dvldog 8793
04-19-2005, 05:32
WOW!!!
Chilvalry is NOT dead! If I would done something similar I think I would have eliminated all witnesses! and certainly never admitted to my wife what had transpiried. I probably would have even started a thread to accuse JK of being a scam! :D tongue.gif
Thanks for sharing! Good to know that the Stupid virus is nationwide and not just me...Luckily a good dose of beer will get rid of the virus. Or is that what causes it?????
L8r
Conley

moondoggie
04-19-2005, 09:43
Good Day!

If you're real good, you can manage to blame your wife, or at least convince her that you quickly analyzed & solved a problem that would have cost at least $500 to have fixed at the garage. ;)

Thanks - it is refreshing to know this doesn't just happen to me. :eek:

Blessings!

Brian Johnson, # 5044

gmenor
04-19-2005, 12:36
I will admit that the beer factor was in the equation, I was so had to take a 12 oz aspirin to get me straight. I think it was the second 12 oz aspirin that got me. It wasn't my wife that was doing all the talking - it was my 7 year old daughter in the backseat with the "I knew it, I knew it we shouldn't have taken the truck"