PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Hoses

gmenor
10-06-2009, 15:59
I planning on doing routine maintenance on the Burb. I have JK's high output water pump. It it safe to say that I need to order hoses for a 98?

schamp6497
10-07-2009, 05:38
I would say at least change the bottom hose. Its a pain but better to change in a shop than on the side of the road. The bottom hose came from the factory with a spring inside. Most after market hoses don't come with the spring and claim its not needed. Not sure about that. At 130 gallons a minute a spring sure would make me feel better. Maybe someone else will jump in. Top hose is a lot easier to get to. I currently have my engine out and unless the bottom hose is almost new it gets a new one. Napa has one for around 46.00 but no spring. If you find one with a spring please let the board know. Thanks.

tommac95
10-08-2009, 20:57
I just installed the '97 cooling upgrade' on my 6.5, i used a Kennedy kit.

The bottom hose is the same for ModelYears 95/98. The Upper hose must be specified for MY98 IFF you use the Dual T-Stat crossover.

If you have the high output waterpump with the single thermostat crossover (std OEM for MY95) , you need the 95 MY upper hose....

-T m

gmenor
10-11-2009, 17:09
I'll check local dealership for the hoses. Thanks for the info.