View Full Version : ob2 codes

dav6.5td
10-22-2009, 01:25
hi,
I have several codes that appeared to me during my last check:
-p0101
-p0236
-P0251
is that someone has not already had or how to fix it.
thanks

is a silverado 1997 6.5 td

DennisG01
10-22-2009, 08:15
I'm not quite understanding your last question. But, 236 is typical of a wastegate solenoid on the fritz. Sometimes a squirt of WD-40 can save it. 251 deals with the IP. Not sure about the other one.

I think there were some posts that listed all of the codes and what they mean. You might be able to find them with the search function. You can also find out more about those codes - 236 and 251 especially - as they are among the more common ones. There will be a ton of info on this site about them.

First things first, though. Have the codes cleared and see what comes back.

Are you having any drivability issues? Black smoke from tailpipe?

dav6.5td
10-22-2009, 22:40
hi,
What kind of problems of drivability want to talk?
I have a black smoke was the exhaust but only when I accelerate in depth or when I ask him to power.
My final question was if someone had already had this kind of codes and how to solve them.
and for the p0101 an idea?
thanks

DennisG01
10-23-2009, 05:17
Drivability would be things like surging, hesitation, cutting out, loss of power, etc. Anything that doesn't seem right.

Black smoke: You should only have a puff, then it should back off - maybe just a light grey haze, but typically only visible at night with a car's headlights behind you. If it is heavier black, then something's wrong with the turbo system - vacuum pump, lines, wastegate solenoid, wastegate actuator.

There are procedures to test these things - I just don't recall them well enough to say. Search around on this site - they've been mentioned many times - you should be able to find them.

dav6.5td
10-26-2009, 05:12
thank you for all of the above,
no I have no problems of drivability, and the smoke is not really heavy but constant background of acceleration.
but hey I'll try to watch the forum for proceedings, if you ever have any other info do I sign.
thank you.