PDA

View Full Version : Hitters, cutters, and turners.

DickWells
10-23-2009, 19:08
Yup, got some of all three in my tool boxes. But, the one that this RVer won't leave home without (well, this is an exageration), is my horse rasp.
My son's vocation was as a farier, until he blew out his knees and got a sore elbow. So, I've had access to a good horse rasp for many years, and found out way back that you can't function very long in a campground without one. We landed here at Cactus Cart in Brownsville two days ago, and I've already made use of it by turning down some wood dowels, chucked up in an 18V drill. My current rasp is a Nicholson, and IIRC, Lance has said that they are superior to the off-shore stuff that he's bought for cheap. I do know that I've been partial to Nicholson files for a long time.
BTW, did you ever notice that as a rule, you can't get a good file at a flea market? The folks that sell such things tend to toss them all into a box together! What will dull a file more effectively than another file!!!??? Ever ask a vendor why he/she puts all their files into one box, together? Talk about a blank, clueless stare!:(
Just a couple of random thoughts. Got back here on semi/permanent vacation, so I can sit down at the old lap-top every evening. If you get sick of me, let me know, right here, and I'll back off.
Dick Wells:)