PDA

View Full Version : Problems after new injectors/performance flash

BigDiesel
11-23-2009, 02:42
I took apart my truck this weekend, to install the new non-egr intake, marine injectors, and reflashed performance ecu. Now it has really nice bottom end torque, but as soon as the turbo starts to make boost the power drops off and the black smoke begins. I had the ecu flashed before I put the J code intake in and it had more power then. It feels around the same power as it did when it was stock.
I'm calling wester's and my diesel guy in the morning, but though I'd try to get an idea here first.
Any ideas??

Robyn
11-23-2009, 07:00
Normally the addition of boost will clean up the stack and the power will continue to climb as the boost continues to build

Are you running the stock vacuum controls on the wastegate ??
What sort of boost are you seeing?
Stock exhaust or ??

Let us know

Robyn

BigDiesel
11-23-2009, 09:34
still running the stock vacuum system. I don't have my guages installed as of yet.
I put a 4" warpspeed on it. I'm gonna go see if there are any codes. ses bulb must be burnt out.
Gave me a P0113 - IAT Sensor 1 circuit High Input.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't have one of those anymore. Did westers forget to delete that from the programming??

rustyk
11-23-2009, 19:26
Have you changed the air filter recently? A clogged air filter can cause collapse of the rubber tube to the turbo intake.