PDA

View Full Version : One SOMKIN Truck

davegrace
11-25-2009, 12:40
Hello All.
This thing I have really does smoke. And stink. The color of the smoke is white.
It is a 04 2500 HD 6.6 diesel 4wheel drive with Allison Xmission.. I have 20k on new injectors, 10k on new glow plugs. Just changed oil (Rotela) cleaned air filter (H&K ). have new fuel filter and oil filter and the damned thing still smokes.
Anyone have any idea. The shops tell me it shouldn't smoke and there are no tests they can preform on it.
Any thoughts would be appreciated:confused:.
Dave

DickWells
11-26-2009, 09:20
White smoke must be fuel. I don't know how that can be, with new injectors. Was hoping someone else would jump in here with their experience. Any competent GM dealer CAN hook it up and check where all that fuel is coming from, though. The dealer that changed my injectors at 86K miles told me which 3 injectors were pouring fuel in, BEFORE they tore into the engine!
Is yours an early 04? If so, it's an LB7, just like mine, and the injection system is warranteed for 7 years, or 200K miles. It didn't cost me a penny to have the latest injectors and cups put in.
Good luck.
Dick Wells

mastertech
11-30-2009, 21:30
The injectors are only covered for 7/200,000 if it falls with in specs that gm has set. the fuel pressure must fall lower the 158.0 mpa (megapascals)
23,000 psi range or they will not cover the injectors i do them all the time and if it does not fall under there specs they will tell you that you will have to pay for them. they start to fail at 30,000 miles and i have seen customers bring them in time and time again to have them checked to see if they are going to fail and when we tell them no they take it and bring it back in about a month and we tell them the same thing. prolonging this will cause engine damadge. any ? just ask and i will help as much as i can i am a GM master diesel tech