PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum (just bought a 6.5) :)

SIG220
11-25-2009, 16:17
Hello,

Thought I would properly introduce myself to the forum. Just bought a '95 Tahoe with a 6.5! :D Cant wait to pick it up. Until then I'll just keep reading.

a5150nut
11-25-2009, 18:05
Well SIG220,

First, Welcome to TDP. Now that said, you will want to do a search for our 12 step program. 6.5 are very addicting! :D

When you get your new rig, post a picture or two. Lot's to learn around here and lots of reliable information. It can save you a LOT of $$ when it comes to trouble shooting and repairs. ;)

SIG220
11-25-2009, 18:37
Well SIG220,

First, Welcome to TDP. Now that said, you will want to do a search for our 12 step program. 6.5 are very addicting! :D

When you get your new rig, post a picture or two. Lot's to learn around here and lots of reliable information. It can save you a LOT of $$ when it comes to trouble shooting and repairs. ;)

Thanks for the kind welcome! When I first decided to buy the truck I said to myself: "self... I am only gonna get the truck in good shape and then leave it alone." Since Ive been looking around Ive decided to do EGT/Boost gauge, intake, exhaust, pmd relocation, etc. :rolleyes:

And speaking of troubleshooting I forgot to mention that the truck doesnt actually run!! LOL. Apparently the truck only runs for about 45 seconds to one minute before stalling, and wont run any longer than that. I pick the truck up Friday and a friend of mine and I are gonna take a look at it. If we cant figure it out its going to my mechanic who owns a few 6.5TD's himself, including a nice tahoe:cool:.

6.5 Detroit Diesel
11-25-2009, 18:41
welcome to the TDP. someday i would like to find a 6.5 yukon. really like those rigs.

about that stalling, PMD........

SIG220
11-25-2009, 19:24
welcome to the TDP. someday i would like to find a 6.5 yukon. really like those rigs.

about that stalling, PMD........

Thats one thing I was thinking. Fortunately the truck comes with a new injection pump. I havent even looked at it yet, but hopefully it will come with a new pmd mounted (?) If so I'll swap the pmd and see if that works. Thanks for the kind welcome!

Robyn
11-26-2009, 14:25
Getting away from Six and a halfs is like quiting ciggy butts, neva gonna happen :eek:

Another welcome to ya from the Pacific Northwest.

Always wanted a 95 Tahoe Diesel. Every time I found one it was just sold or it was a wreck.

Glad to have ya on board :D

Missy

arveetek
11-26-2009, 18:51
I love my 6.5L Tahoe!! It's my most favorite vehicle I've ever owned. You've found the best source on the 'net for GM diesel info.

Casey