PDA

View Full Version : Truck runs but acts like it's being shut-off and almost dies

calvin.burns
11-27-2009, 22:05
About a month ago my truck started to loose all power while driving kinda like when you hit the governor in a gasser, and progressively got worse until I just wasn't able to drive it anymore. so far I've installed a new fsd\heatsink kit from ssdiesel,new fuel filter,and a lift pump from ssd. I'm getting good fuel pressure to the ip. I checked for codes and found none. The only thing that looks suspisious is the shut-off solenoid, and I say that because it wiggles, but seems to work. Now this is where it gets interesting I attempted to remove said solenoid but could not get the durn thing to budge. I used the best rachet I own with a nice long handle but still can't get it to budge. Does anyone have any ideas? I really don't have the money for a new IP right now, but really need the truck back on the road. FYI: Truck is a 1999 C3500 dually 5-speed, IP is only 1.5 years old,brand new PMD,brand new lift pump, New fuel filter, sent fuel sample taken from tank to lab and had analyzed \ came back with a clean bill of health, also had oil analyzed-clean bill of health.