PDA

View Full Version : Fuel line questions

thejim662
11-29-2009, 15:54
Hi Again folks!
I have an early 80's 6.2 in my Landrover which I have been building for the last couple of years. Anybody out there know if I should run the return line from the I.P. to the tank so that it is always below the level of diesel in the tank or should it just be in the tank above the normal fuel level?
Thanks for any help given

john8662
12-03-2009, 09:54
You should be fine installing the line above the fuel level.

thejim662
12-03-2009, 11:23
Well I think I'll sort my fuel lines out this week end - been drawing air into the line a little bit!
Once again thanks for your help - it makes owning and running what is a fairly rare engine over here a pleasure.
Jim

john8662
12-04-2009, 14:47
Well, in looking at the sender/pickup on one of these diesels (a picture online) it looks like GM runs a hose down to the fuel level too.

It should work with the return above the fuel line if you're not getting an air leak somewhere and the check valves are working in the injection pump and fuel lift pump.

If you have the ability, affix it in the fuel level.

I'm running a return above the fuel level on the drag truck, but it's in a fuel cell (like that makes much difference), haven't had any issues with that, but I don't Daily Drive it either.