PDA

View Full Version : Accidentaly flushed water in the transmission cooler connections

roizpatagonia
12-05-2009, 10:08
Hello, I took the radiator out and and was flushing with the hose trough all the holes when accidentally put it inside the transmission holes, It could cause damage if water was flushed in the holes of the transmission cooler lines?
How do you think I could solve this? Put Compressed air trough the lowest transmission hole? Put the radiator facing down? Thanks in advance

DmaxMaverick
12-05-2009, 12:48
No big deal. Blow it out with air and let it sit in a warm/dry area long enough to dry it out. Flush it through with some ATF. A little water in the ATF is not necessarily a bad thing. When the tranny comes up to operating temp, it will vapor off any remaining water if operated (driven) a significant distance. Just don't install it and let it sit for a long period before getting it up to temp. In all likelihood, blowing/drying/flushing will remove any significant amount of water that could be harmful.

JohnC
12-05-2009, 14:08
After you blow the water out you can put some lacquer thinner or methyl alcohol in it and then blow that out. There won't be much water left in there afterwords.

roizpatagonia
12-05-2009, 15:18
Thanks for the rapid response I thought It could be worse.
I changed the Belt tensioner and read the Haynes Repair but It was not so easy as it seemed ( rotate de tensioner pulley bolt ...) I had to pry a lot with a wooden hammer handle and thanks to Arquimedes I get it done, but I hope not to have problems on the road or I hope I did something wrong Do you have any comments? Thanks again and regards :)

JohnC
12-05-2009, 17:02
Not sure I understand the question, but you used the bolt through the pulley, not the one through the tensioner spring, right?

roizpatagonia
12-06-2009, 06:34
Yes John I released the bolt of the black pulley but havo to pry on the arm of the tensioner.