PDA

View Full Version : Suburban Seatcovers Needed

Stratosurfer
12-05-2009, 18:09
All,
I need to cover the deteriorating leather on the Suburban. I've got leather buckets front and two leathers behind. Any pointers to a vendor would be appreciated.

DmaxMaverick
12-05-2009, 19:00
That's a job for a local upholsterer. They can often recover the seats with new material, even leather, for less than the cost of comparable store-bought covers (that never fit right). They will usually replace/upgrade the foam, which adds to comfort.

Stratosurfer
12-05-2009, 19:29
A buddy of mine just got a brand new Dodge Quad Cab cummins and he put some Mossy Oak Seat covers he got at Bass Pro Shops that look outstanding. The rear bench is covered and the front buckets as well and all fits really well. Not perfect, but well.
Surely someone makes some that are decent. Even if I get the Burb reupholstered I'd like the seat covers to protect from my 5 kids and 2 dogs...

DmaxMaverick
12-05-2009, 21:33
Covers are very different than recovering. Put covers over tattered upholstery, and all the do is contain the contents. The seats will still deteriorate beneath you. Covers are no substitute. I don't know of any aftermarket mfg with a product I consider "acceptable", but you could start looking at JC Whitney. Can't be any worse than any other.

a5150nut
12-05-2009, 21:39
Stratosurfer,

I've had my seat apart to replace the frame work. It's not had at all. Velcro and a few hog rings and they slip on and off. I looked into some after market factory replacement covers. IIRC it was about $350 for good leather covers for the two front buckets and $175 for my rear bench (ex cab).

poptopjr
12-05-2009, 22:18
Check out marathonseatcovers.com, I do not have a set. After I get my seats rebuilt I will cover them with a set from these guys. They are pricey but I believe they will last.

Keith

DaveNY
12-06-2009, 07:00
There is some on E-Bay that run about 69.00 for bucket seat bottom. I put one on the drivers side,cant tell the differance once installed. Only drawback is not offered with heat elements.Color and Fit was excellent
Dave