PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 rebuild mobile workshop photos

jerry598
12-12-2009, 13:17
Attached are photos of my 6.5 rebuild and shop (lol). My garage and shop are used for storage so I decided to use this snowmobile trailer as a working platform.

My work location is on the north side of the garage closest to my tools. Pulled the engine last June. Fried in the sun all summer and I'm now freezing in the shade. Daytime temps this last week never got above 10 degrees F. All engine parts and tools are at air temp unless I take them in the house to warm up first. Yes, that is snow on the ground.

Finally got the engine back in the truck last week. Fuel lines, wiring harnesses, intake and exhaust manifolds finished yesterday. Next is all the serpentine parts, radiator and turbo. Hope to have it running by Xmas.

What took me so long? Too many other chores. Also spent alot of time researching the project and trying to make sure I did it right. What am I going to do if it blows up? Rebuild it again of course. I would never throw away all the time and effort I've put into this project. Told my wife I want a couple more 6.5's to keep me busy and spend more money. She said not until after the divorce.

Thanks for everyone's help on TDP. I could not have done this without you.

jerry598
12-12-2009, 13:28
Sorry. Don't know why the photos are not attached. Will try to reattach them later.

jerry598
12-13-2009, 21:37
Finally, pictures attached.