PDA

View Full Version : injector question

Mike782
12-14-2009, 15:10
I am trying to figure out which injectors to buy for a 96 3500 TD. I was going to go with the SSD "fuel miser" injectors but have not heard anything good about them.. or bad really for that matter. I am thinking it would be best to stick with either OEM Bosch ones or have them rebuilt using Bosch parts. The other issue is that if I look at new OEM ones, there are at least two different part numbers and I have no idea what I need. Any help would be appreciated!
Mike

Robyn
12-14-2009, 17:11
Stay far far away from the tweeky trick and cool injectors.

Get your stock injectors rebuilt by a reputable diesel pump shop.

Should be about $170 give or take for a complete set to be Overhauled and made like new.

Missy

Mike782
12-14-2009, 17:34
Stay far far away from the tweeky trick and cool injectors.

Get your stock injectors rebuilt by a reputable diesel pump shop.

Should be about $170 give or take for a complete set to be Overhauled and made like new.

Missy

I figured that stuff was too good to be true. Should I even stay away from "Marine" injectors? i found a Bosch rebuilt set of "Marine" injectors... or should I just stick with the OE ones and get those rebuilt? Thanks!

JohnC
12-14-2009, 18:08
"Marine" means many things to many people...

If you have a stock pump get stock injectors, or maybe high-pop injectors with stock nozzles if your pump is healthy.

Mike782
12-14-2009, 18:29
"Marine" means many things to many people...

If you have a stock pump get stock injectors, or maybe high-pop injectors with stock nozzles if your pump is healthy.

I have no idea what shape the pump is in to be honest. I will look into getting some OEM injectors. Thanks!