PDA

View Full Version : Road time

Mark Rinker
12-22-2009, 18:08
Last couple of days have been busy delivering sheet steel, galvanized sheet metal, and some 20' angle. For whatever reason, last month was all about lumber, lots of special order deliveries to Home Depots in particular.

Last two days have started about 3AM with a full tank, finished up about 3PM with the orange low fuel light on both days.

Averaging about 11.5mpg with loads of 8K on a 3K trailer. Keeping speeds around 62loaded, 68unloaded, lots of 4HI time when entering/exiting delivery points with poorly plowed lots. 4HI really helps to accelerate on slushy on-ramps as well, when you are towing 12K behind you!

Snow is on the way, plow is on... 120K on the odometer and its not unusual to start the truck at 3AM and never shut it off until parked, 12hrs later, day after day after day...

Like a ROCK!

cowboywildbill
12-23-2009, 08:19
Mark, I think some of you guy's must be approaching the Million Mile mark on the collective miles added up between all of your trucks. These D-Max's aint half bad. I think the longevity and reliability is up there if not better than the other two Brands of later model trucks. Please feel free to keep all of the snow for yourselve's up there. We just got about 27" here and we are still digging out.
We are just glad the wind didn't get up too much. I had to tow our New Holland loader (about 7,000 lb) on a 3,000 lb.empty flat bed bumper pull trailer that's rated at 12,000 GW.We had to go about 10 miles on snow and ice covered roads. Had to go and dig our daughter out and then some of her elderly nieghbors also. We don't have to use 4WD much, but if I didn't have it, we wouldn't have made it.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.