PDA

View Full Version : Stalled Again

roizpatagonia
12-30-2009, 17:13
Again! worked well for three days and stalled again.I presumed it was te PMD and bought a Dtech (waited a week) and received it today, put the new one and nothing... It stills gives the DTC 13, already changed the actuator solenoid, the fuel filter, checked the hose near the actuator and theres fuel there and the fuel pump it´s making noise as if it is working. What's wrong! please!
Have a happy new year!!:rolleyes:

JohnC
01-02-2010, 09:07
DTC 13 indicates a problem with the shutoff solenoid or the associated circuitry.

Check the power to the solenoid and the wiring back to the PCM. The PCM supplies the ground for the solenoid and monitors the voltage and current on the circuit to determine if the solenoid is operating correctly.

roizpatagonia
01-02-2010, 09:19
John the batteries ( red optima) are from 2006 , I don't have how to test them, and the cable that goes from one to the other has the insulation damaged, Question: what battery do you recommend ( amperage, brand etc..) do I have to replace both or with one high quality in the drivers side is enough? The cable that goes from one to the other can be replaced for a standard one? Please give me some alternatives to the OEM since I'm in the middle of nowhere. Regards, Daniel

JohnC
01-02-2010, 09:34
Always replace them in pairs. The pair will will never be better than the weakest battery and a weak battery will quickly wear down a strong one.

You can fabricate battery cables using welding cable. You may want to consider converting to top post connectors as the parts are more readily available and they are less problematic than the side terminals.

You can get a rough test of the batteries by first charging them up then measuring the voltage while cranking for 10 seconds. Disconnect the ground on one of the batteries then test the other, and vice-versa. If the voltage drops below 9-10 volts the battery is probably bad. (Don't try this if the temperature is very cold as the single battery will have a really tough time cranking the starter.)

Optima batteries are top shelf. Here in the US all batteries come from one of a few plants, so it really doesn't much matter... Don't know what you have available to you.

farmerson
01-03-2010, 13:05
My 99 kept stalling while driving and then one day would not start at all. So i got a new lift pump for it and it solved everything.