PDA

View Full Version : Humidity and stalling

TTM
09-14-2005, 07:26
Here is one for you guys, trucks been running great for the last four years since new pump.Been getting fuel at the same place and doing all regular maintaince. No problems. But latety it's been really cool and rainy and humid at night. Went to start and warm up the truck this morning and it idleing then stalled. I started it right back up no problem. Then on the highway at highway speed it had a huge hiccup but didn't stall out. Question would the dampness have a effect on the fsd or...? Not to worried at this point but...

charliepeterson
09-14-2005, 17:57
Try to make it stall in the driveway with a water mist spray.

Hubert
09-15-2005, 03:43
IMHO significant humidity and temperature changes in general are hard on electronics that are not sealed up air & water tight. ie any wiring connections etc. etc. The FSD is sealed but ....

I had an episode of long crank no start after a big rain storm, driving through big puddles, and wet cool fall weather (wider than normal temp changes) in general and I wondered the same thing. Then it ran normal for a while and turned into a random thing. After a few more episodes I had to replace my FSD from a cranking but no startup. Only on the last episode did it crank then stall driving. Since the new FSD I have not had any problems in a while now. Coincidence????? I think so but who knows.

Not knowing anything else....
I would start looking for a cheap back up FSD. They are flakey little buggers sometimes. And what you described is fairly classic early failure warning.

[ 09-15-2005, 03:59 AM: Message edited by: Hubert ]

TTM
09-16-2005, 06:38
Ya I thought it would be a failing fsd. Better start reading up on how to R and R when the time comes.