PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket mirror trouble need help!!!

Shed
01-01-2010, 19:56
The other day I was helping a friend out of a snow drift when the truck slid sideways into a tree. Took out the pass. side mirror. I bought these a few years ago, they are the taller mirrors with the wide angle at the bottom. They were bolt on plug and play. I have NEVER seen these on another truck. Now I can't find them. I have the box (storing the stock mirrors) with the following info on it.
company appears to be "mirror mirror"
Model #1260
Made in China
"telescoping towing mirror" written on box.
Does anyone have any ideas, or have these that might know where I can get them??? These are not Cipa, Shnefenaker, or TTT. These were power mirrors, no heat and no lighting. Any help ideas at this point would be very much appriciated!
Shed

Shed
01-01-2010, 20:21
I have tried to post pics. Apparently my little camera phone takes too "big" of a pic for this site..... If you need to see one let me know, I can email it, text it or what ever to you. I really appriciate any help....

TJNE
01-28-2010, 19:32
Kool-Vue? http://www.fenderworld.com/CHEVY-SILVERADO-SIERRA-p5241824.html These are the ones I have and I recommend them.

DennisG01
01-30-2010, 15:56
I believe you're talking about the company called Vision View / Mirror Mirror / RPM Innovations. They seem to have been called a couple of names.

The model sounds familiar... Do the mirrors stick out a little further than you'd like (w/o extending, I mean)? They're also a little smaller than most others?

I can't find their website anymore, but there phone number used to be 1-888-776-6758.

TJNE
01-30-2010, 17:38
The link I posted is for the Kool-Vue, they are about 12in tall by about 7 in wide. Not small mirror at all. If your looking for a mirror to tow a large trailer ( I have a 32ft 5th wheel) these are nice but over kill for smaller trailers. They look just like OEM towing mirrors. If you need a better look I can try to post a couple pics if it will help.

DickWells
02-06-2010, 06:49
I ordered a set of Cool Vue's last week. Should be here any day now. I'll let you know what I think of them. Ordered with signals. Was assured that I wouldn't have to have the module re-programed, but not holding my breath for that one, since, when I traded mirrors with my son a couple of years ago, 03 Chevy to 04 Sierra, I had to finally go and have it done, or go nuts trying to keep up with readjusting the things.

DickWells
02-10-2010, 17:10
Cool-Vues just arrived, this afternoon, and I'm impressed. HEAVY! Look well made. It'll be a few days before I can install them, but I'm anxious to get going on them.

cowboywildbill
02-20-2010, 11:30
Hi Dick, They look a lot like the new style 2010 OEM towing mirrors. Do you know if your's stick out further than stock? A little farther out would be nicer for wide long trailers.I did notice our 07 classic OEM tow mirrors had a slant to them, that was annoying to me and hurt the field of vision somewaht. I put our Sheffenackers on as soon as I got time, so it didn't matter. We only towed once or twice with the OEM's. Although it would be nice if even the Sheffenackers slid out just a little more. The newer OEM mirrors look the same but now they don't have that slant and are pretty decent mirrors and a big improvement over anything they have offered so far. I sat in one of our rodeo buddies new 2010 C/C dually when he was hooked up to his 40 ft LQ gooseneck and his OEM towing mirrors were really great. I could see down the passenger side pretty good. Let us know how your new mirrors look and work for you. I think you will be very happy with them.