PDA

View Full Version : Electric Window Switch Part Number

TurboDiverArt
04-22-2005, 02:03
Hi All,

Yet again my procrastination in not buying a Helm manual has bit me....

The electric windows in my 1999 Suburban K2500 only intermittently work. All 4 windows are effected and there seems to be no pattern as to which ones works and which ones don't or in which direction they seem to work in.

My assumption is that it's the main drivers switch controlling all 4 windows that has the problem. My thought is that it's probably the switch itself or a grounding problem at the switch. I make this assumption because I'd think a grounding or switch problem at one door would most likely only effect that window. The fact that it's effecting all windows sort of randomly leads me to believe that it's got to be the main drivers switch.

Can someone with a 1999 Suburban helm manual tell me if there is a ground wire, or wires, off the main drivers switch? I figure I would tap into these and reground them to the door.

If that doesn't fix it then I'll have to replace the switch itself. Anyone with a Helm manual, can you give me the part number for the driver side power window switch?

Thanks for any help or insight!
Art.

Andy Chesek
04-23-2005, 04:09
Helm manuals don't supply GM part numbers. The only numbers they will provide you with are the J- numbers. These are part numbers for specialty tools made by Kent Moore.

Honestly, I don't think my Helm manuals are all that great. Definitely not the quality product they used to be.