PDA

View Full Version : Coldest Start Yet For Me

EdHale
01-11-2010, 07:39
I know for a lot of you my 11 degree F start this morning without being plugged in isn't much, but it is a new low temp for my truck. It started exactly the same as if it were 80 degrees. the only difference was it was a bit louder until it warmed up which I certainly understand. I remember my old 6.5 on a cold day, you could hear it in the next county, but it always started well too.

Now Mark will tell me he started his at -11, but then I am in NW Georgia where +11 is pretty darn cold. I don't even own an overcoat....

Ed

More Power
01-11-2010, 13:25
I am in NW Georgia where +11 is pretty darn cold. I don't even own an overcoat....

Ed

What was it like before Global Warming? :D

Jim

EdHale
01-11-2010, 14:11
Exactly. Before global warming we saw Al Gore on TV and heard him on radio. Now that we are having the coldest winter blast in a decade or two, old Al is nowhere to be seen or heard. And that is a good thing.

Ed

painthorsemom
01-11-2010, 15:58
Don't get me started on ol' Al! My old 6.5 would sound like a son ofa gun when it started on a cold morning, even with the heater plugged in. My new used '06 is wonderful. I just have to let it sit and go through it's high idle phase for awhile.

cowboywildbill
01-11-2010, 18:47
Al is somewhere in the Bahama's spending his $1000,000,000. that he made off of his Carbon Credit Scam. Don't you remember about 28 years ago when he was preaching that we were heading for another Ice Age by the year 2007. I guess he can't make up his mind.
Oh by the way, you can get a Nobel Peace Prize in a Box of Cracker Jacks now as the prize.
And I thought there was one for sale on eBay also.LOL Oh I almost forgot. I started our D/Max up the morning it was about 5 degrees out and I don't plug it in. Fired right up. A little louder but ran great. I love the High idle on it.

Johnny Ringo
01-16-2010, 15:33
HI first time post. Not uncommon to crank mine up at 10 to 15 below 0. When it gets below about -12 the oil pump will suck air about 2 seconds after start up, then it grabs some oil and starts rattling away.
Traded the 03 2500hd crew for an 05