PDA

View Full Version : Injectors replaced/opinions on extended warranty

migolito
01-18-2010, 14:52
Just had all 8 injectors replaced (under warranty) @70,000 miles. What concerns me is I took unbelievably good care of this truck (dual fuel filters, oil filters, synthetic oil, etc) hoping that would have some effect on the injectors lasting. To no avail. In 18 months the injector warranty is up. Anyway, I'm either going to trade the truck in and get a Toyota or get an extended warranty on the Duramax. Does anyone have any (good) experience with the GMPP extended Warranty?

More Power
01-18-2010, 16:51
Welcome to the board!

Back when the Duramax first hit the streets, lots of folks thought extra fuel filtration was essential and our forums were filled with discussions about fuel filtration (lots of it vendor generated). Additional fuel filtration might be wise for some. Consider it insurance for a bad batch of fuel. However, polls conducted years after introduction of the Duramax here in this board didn't appear to show a clear advantage in injector life when running additional fuel filtration. Fuel treatment might improve injector reliability as well, but again, still no guarantee.

Be sure the injectors and the balance of the fuel injection system are covered in any extended warranty policy. My guess is that the insurance providers keep up on what fails in certain vehicles.

Jim