PDA

View Full Version : Injectors, injectors, injectors...

Mark Rinker
01-19-2010, 07:19
WOW.

Can you believe the number of new people hitting this board, looking at a $4000 expense in the midst of a recession?

I think there is a HUGE opportunity in the 'private sector' for offering this specialty service, for all makes and brands. About ready to hire one of those displaced GM diesel wrenches and open up a small light diesel specialty shop.

THEFERMANATOR
01-19-2010, 13:22
I probably ought to get in on this one. I think it only took me 7 hours to do all 8 of mine in the BURB, and it is a TIGHT fit down in there. Not to mention it was my first time doing a set in the truck(did them when the engine was out the first time). Just alot of BS has to come off is all, not a bad job really. I just hope these new improved LB7 injectors that came out in 08-08 are really better with the hardened ball seats in them.

madmatt
01-20-2010, 04:48
I do'em parts and labor for $3300ish.

Mark Rinker
01-20-2010, 17:24
What years for $3300? LB7s or LLY/LBZ? Any differences '07 and newer?

I think if an independent can stand behind their work, people would warm up to saving $$$ over the stealerships. Ever had someone come back inside of 50K miles with their hands out? A small shop can't absorb many of those scenarios...the fine print would have to be very very clear.

THEFERMANATOR
01-20-2010, 22:31
I had roughly $2K in parts in mine, but some would be more depending upon the age of the truck(gaskets and oil if it's contaminated). So I could do one for about $2400-2500 and I stand behind my work. But I only warranty my work as parts lately have cost me WAY to much in warranty work(installing brand new alternators on box vans and having them die on a test drive adds up quickly). I tell everybody upfront now that I only cover my work due to part failures here as of late, and I normally have them get the parts so they can't blame me for getting a cheap brand.