PDA

View Full Version : Changing injectors

jhornsby3
01-19-2010, 11:21
Who lives neer the McMinnville area in Oregon and would like to help. And have a beer and some BBQ? Got the parts but have never done them before and would love some help from someone that has. Thinking of deerburgers and some Black Butte Porter after.

John

jerry598
01-19-2010, 11:29
Great offer! Wish I wasn't so far away. But with all the mechanical mods you've already done on that truck, changing injectors will be a snap for you. Do a couple of searches and you'll find lots of tips.

jhornsby3
01-19-2010, 11:43
eah that is where I'm at. Remove the fender, don't remove the fender, remove the turbo, don't remove the turbo. and so on and so on. And theen there is those that say they can do then without removing anything and do it in less then an hour. Well now they can say it online but lets see this in action. :eek: I figure if there is no one that has time then I'll pull in the shop and start removing everything off that side and then put it all back on tomarrow morning. That way if the boss calls me in to work I can say no the truck is all tore apart and I can't work on my first two days off in months. :D

John

john8662
01-19-2010, 11:58
No need to remove the inner fender, for anything. Now the rubber splash guard on the inner fender, yeah, when doing glowplugs on the turbo side.\

You just need tools.

30mm "deep" impact socket, or the Snap-On or equiv official injector socket.

The official socket is much better because it's shorter and fits in between the manifold when on an injector better.

For a beginner, pull the turbo, much easier to see what you're doing. This then helps with giving you more clearance to remove the heat sheild covering the injectors.

Other than that you need a 3/4" open in wrench for injector line nut removal. Also, some antiseize for the new injectors.

Additional tip: blow out the injector holes in the heads with air to remove the carbon from where the new copper ring will seat.

J

jhornsby3
01-19-2010, 12:51
Thanks for the tips