PDA

View Full Version : Best Place (&price) for a P400 ?

fullsizeBlazer
01-26-2010, 01:12
Hey,

what is the best place to get a P400 from? I have a quote from Peninsularengines. For about $ 6750 they'd sell me one. Is there a chance to get these engines cheaper/or do you recommend me another place to buy it from?
Oh, by the way, "engine is supplied with injector nozzles" ...? How do I have to understand that statement? I hope they are talking about the whole injectors...:rolleyes: ?

Thanks and greetings

Flo

john8662
01-26-2010, 10:07
That's not a bad price, IMHO.

If it says with nozzles, yeah, that'd be the injectors themselves. Nobody but guys on ebay will sell just the nozzles (stuff inside the injectors).

More Power
01-26-2010, 17:26
I believe Mike Robertson bought his P400 from http://www.wwwilliams.com/

I don't know if they or www.peninsularengine.com (http://www.peninsularengine.com) has the best price, but Peninsular is pretty well dedicated to the 6.5 (and they help support this board). ;)

Jim

fullsizeBlazer
01-27-2010, 02:19
OK,

peninsular looks quite reliable to me...

:rolleyes:question is: how do you pay such an amount in the US? Credit Card won't work I suppose, so use check? transfer money to banking account (that's most common in Germany) ?

Greetings

Flo

convert2diesel
01-27-2010, 07:36
OK,

:rolleyes:question is: how do you pay such an amount in the US? Credit Card won't work I suppose, so use check? transfer money to banking account (that's most common in Germany) ?

Greetings

Flo

Flo:

Typically an international postal money order is acceptable, or a bank draft from a chartered bank. Direct deposit can also be arranged through your bank in Germany. Another route is to use a PayPal account.

Bill

JetBoater
01-27-2010, 09:18
My contact was Rod Townsend in early 2008... Email: rtownsend@wwwilliams.com
Rod was extremely good to deal with and worked out of Atlanta Georgia. Telephone was 404.366.1070

If info on the web is true, Rod passed away sometime last year and succession fell to a gentleman by the name of Ron Taylor.

A money order costs around $6.50 through Canada Post, while a T/T payment will run about $25 through a Canadian bank (Canadian dollars).

Wishing you success! :) Mike

Mikey von
01-27-2010, 10:45
OK,

Greetings

Flo

Just curious, why not Credit Card? I have never been to Europe, but all over South and Central America. Most place will take my US VISA, or AMEX.

JetBoater
01-27-2010, 12:12
Most companies will not accept credit card payment for capital equipment or larger purchases (at least in full). This is due to the 'cards' transaction charges of 2% or more.

You can probably pay for some of it by credit card, it never hurts to ask.:)

The positive of accepting a credit card is that payment is received immediately, similar to paypal.

I once tried buying a car for my wife using solely my credit card...so these are my 2 cents worth of experience! The dealer only allowed $2,500 max on the card.:cool:

Robyn
01-27-2010, 13:43
Paypal is a great way to pay and not have any questions.

RC

rustyk
01-27-2010, 17:58
I bought my engine from Peninsular 3 years and 40K miles ago. I was delighted with the ease of speccing the engine and the service from Matt.