PDA

View Full Version : need feedback for main cap stud girdles

turbonator
01-26-2010, 11:55
hi everyone i need some feed-back, who has installed a stud girdle on an assembled motor and who installed the girdle before the line boring? do you think it matters, im talking about levels of distortion in bores and crank bearing races. thanks for the input....:confused:

neo
01-26-2010, 13:48
I installed both ARP's and a custom 4130 girdle I had made. Did this PRIOR to alignbore as was recomended by the machinst. Also went through with a countersink and removed burrs and sharps around the tops of the main bolt holes per a note I think I saw from Robyn along time ago - to help mitigate cracking in that area. Machinist insisted on everything in hand prior to align bore. Not certain yet how it all worked out cause I just got it running but stillhave pesky air in the fuel delivery system. Good luck!

john8662
01-26-2010, 15:34
Did your machinist align bore your 6.2L block?

Was he able to finish align hone the block too? Or just bore? I cannot see how you could get a hone in there because of the rear main seal diameter being smaller than the housing bore size.

Just curious.

As to the post on this thread. It could cause distortion. The DSG kit is intended to be installed after, or in a complete running engine.

I installed both ARP's and a custom 4130 girdle I had made. Did this PRIOR to alignbore as was recomended by the machinst. Also went through with a countersink and removed burrs and sharps around the tops of the main bolt holes per a note I think I saw from Robyn along time ago - to help mitigate cracking in that area. Machinist insisted on everything in hand prior to align bore. Not certain yet how it all worked out cause I just got it running but stillhave pesky air in the fuel delivery system. Good luck!