PDA

View Full Version : strange starting

cesguz
10-28-2003, 23:45
Hi, When I first start my truck at mornings, it starts at the first attempt, but RPM rises to 2500 and then stalls to 650 and again rises but now around 1600 RPM and then again stalls to 650 RPM, after that it remains 650 RPM and apparently everything working good, but when I try to apply throttle it doesn

StephenA
10-29-2003, 05:31
We'll need some data, like the year your truck was made, mileage, etc., etc. Is your truck mechanical or electronic fuel injection? The year will tell. From what you descibe, it's gotta be electronic, since the throttle is fly by wire...

cesguz
10-29-2003, 12:59
it

ucdavis
10-29-2003, 13:23
If the filter was obviously needing changing @ 9K it has either been used in very severe conditions (lotsa dust &/or bad fuel) or the tank/lines had much crud in them from mfgr.
The surging sounds like a bad FSD, but you should get the codes read w/an OBD2 compliant scanner B4 doing any parts R&R. Try any good local repair shop that does gassers; all the good shops have 'em. Usually the surging won't set codes & that's indicative of bad FSD; if you have codes then post for more armchair diagnosis that's worth everything you had to pay for it.

cesguz
10-29-2003, 15:18
Thanks ucdavis
You are right, there are no codes. Does it means I have a bad FSD?? So I have to replace my old FSD and change the calibration resistor from my old FSD to my new FSD, am I right?

[ 10-29-2003, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: cesguz ]

cesguz
10-30-2003, 22:40
A couples of days ago I unplugged the MAP sensor for a few minutes and when I plugged it back I got this code: P0219 I already know this code means Engine overspeed condition but I need to know what this really means or why this code appeared, is it related to the MAP sensor? or is just a new failure?

Thanks