PDA

View Full Version : PO370 Code - No START

jb999
01-30-2010, 13:03
2004 LB7 46,000 mles, factory tune would not start today after sitting for 5 plus days in relatively cold building. (15 to 20 degrees). Diesel Service is used on every fill up and the tank is full. Plenty of battery power, just cranked and would not fire. Checked fuel filter, cracked bleed screw, pumped primer and got fuel immediately. No water from drain. Still no start. Let sit for 45 minutes. Tapped with screwdriver handle on ECU, checked major connecters and then tried to start it again. It fired up but check engine symbol appeared. Let it idle for a few minutes, shut it down and checked for codes. Code reader showed a P0370 timing ref high resolution signal A malfunction. Re-Started fine but am concerned about this code.
This is the second time in the last 2 weeks that I encountered a no start condition. The first time was after driving it for approx. 3 miles to get it inspected, it sat for 20 minutes and would not start until 30 minutes later with a check engine symbol. I checked for codes then and it was low input signal map sensor!
Any ideas? Thanks

tanancurl
02-05-2010, 22:16
This code P0370 Malfunction is very likely a loose connection in the wiring harness. Check the 2 main engine harness connectors mounted on the drivers side valve cover. They are C107 and C118 (38-way) and C108 and C119 (24-way) connectors. You may have a wire and pin that is loose in a connector or possibly a broken pin. This will cause a no start condition.

soilman
02-06-2010, 06:51
My 2004 LLY is doing the same thing as yours. Don't drive it anywhwere! Last Saturday it died while idleing in the driveway. I let it sit for about an hour and it started. My dtc code is P0374. I drove it all week with no problems, until it left me stranded on the highway Thursday. I've replaced the fuel filter and checked every electrical connection. It will start after sitting, but dies in about 2 or 3 minutes. It won't start again unless I let is sit about an hour. I'll let you know if I find the problem. Please let me know if you figure it out.

jb999
02-06-2010, 08:23
Will check the main connectors for tightness and pin integrity.
Have not had any no start episodes since my last post.
Thanks Tanancurl for the suggestion