PDA

View Full Version : Have Hypertech chip, want turbomaster??- help!

fastboat
02-02-2010, 08:23
I'm trying to decide between another new vacuum pump and a turbomaster. I already destroyed one brand new pump trying to press the pulley back on. Hypetech will only say it is designed to work with the factory system, and that they play with the boost a little bit. What I'm trying to avoid is buying a turbomaster only to find the boost is reduced because the vacuum system is gone, and the Hypertech chip wants to use it, or getting a bunch of error codes or something. Any help is much appreciated.
Dave

fastboat
02-02-2010, 14:09
Well I ordered the TM anyway. Bought the shorter belt and installed today, now just wait and see when the TM arrives. Any thoughts on what to do with the Vacuum solenoid?
Dave

DmaxMaverick
02-02-2010, 23:23
Leave the solenoid there, connected. Or, get some programming (chip) that won't miss it. Otherwise, you'll get DTC's, SES and LM (pretty much negating any of your mods). The HT program won't know it's not doing anything if you keep the TM adjustment within the acceptable range (not too much or too little). Get EGT and boost gages, if you don't already have them installed. What you are doing is a shot in the dark (and significant risk), otherwise.

fastboat
02-08-2010, 10:31
I'm guessing since I broke the vacuum lines on both sides of the solenoid, it doesn't matter if they are plugged or even there. I was planning on removing as much as possible of the lines on both sides of the solenoid and leaving it there. I do have boost and EGT gauges. I had to run the truck the other day without the turbo and the EGT never broke 600 or so. My new problem is that the TM does not fit properly. The part that bolts to the original wastegate arm hits one of the bosses on the turbo. It's range of motion is about half, then it stops. I will call Heath to see if I should bend their part, or what they recommend.
Dave