PDA

View Full Version : need part numbers for timing gear set.

asabadin
12-24-2004, 00:00
i am about to drop in a new engine. where can i get the best price on a set of timing gears? are the sear drive sets that the vendors on this site sell edelbrock or another brand? let me know and part numbers would be nice. how hard is the install on this? also my engine is a 506 casting number and is a "F" code type. let me know guys thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tanker
12-24-2004, 03:00
I would contact a "Diesel Page" advertiser, such as John Kennedy of "Kennedy Diesel" John gives you quality items at a good price. The best part about John is the knowledge and service that goes along with the purchase of a product. John has done it all when it comes to the GM 6.2, 6.5, 6.6-Duramax, He's owned them all and knows what makes them tick. You can buy from a discount seller, but when you run into a technical problem or question, you will most likely be stuck for an answer. You can call John and he will walk you through an installation. I just can't put a price on that. John has helped me several times on the phone. smile.gif