PDA

View Full Version : To Buy Or Not To Buy? Need Help!

benomac77
02-08-2010, 18:47
So, I've been looking around for a truck and came across a 2003 Silverado 2500 with 150k miles. I had a Chevy dealer run the VIN and injectors and glow plugs were replaced at 138k miles, as well as other miscellaneous things. Other than the plugs and injectors nothing out of the ordinary came up.

My question is; based on all of your experience should I buy or keep looking?

P.S. the wheels will be the first to go...

Here are some pics

NutNbutGMC
02-08-2010, 19:47
So, I've been looking around for a truck and came across a 2003 Silverado 2500 with 150k miles. I had a Chevy dealer run the VIN and injectors and glow plugs were replaced at 138k miles, as well as other miscellaneous things. Other than the plugs and injectors nothing out of the ordinary came up.

My question is; based on all of your experience should I buy or keep looking?

P.S. the wheels will be the first to go...

Here are some picsKeep looking. Injectors are likely to come up again.

Here's my $0.02.

http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showpost.php?p=264656&postcount=3

Shed
02-09-2010, 11:18
Nice looking truck! I am a fan of the darker grey. Wheels are not terrible, but to each his own. What are they asking for this truck? I agree, the injectors scare me. I love my 01', but I am in constant fear of the injectors failing again. If I had it to do over again, I'd be looking for an 06' or 07' classic with the ally 6spd. Maybe someday.... Unless this thing is a steal I personally would keep looking... Good luck!

benomac77
02-09-2010, 11:53
They're asking $15000 for it.

I called a few dealerships, they said go for it. They ran the VIN and all recall were fixed under warranty. I just don't know how the new stuff will hold up... I don't want to get a lemon, won't be able to afford that.

This is going to be my bird hunting truck!!

Mark Rinker
02-09-2010, 11:57
Too much money, unless they are willing to PERSONALLY guarantee this set of injectors for 100K additional miles, in writing. Nothing to do with GM, a written agreement by the dealership's service and sales manager to stand behind their truck.

After they refuse to do this, offer them 10K cash money and hold firm. If they won't sell it, keep looking for a 2006 (LBZ engine) model. They are out there, and have a much better service history regarding injector replacment.