PDA

View Full Version : What injectors to use?

craigrep
02-08-2010, 19:13
My truck (1988 C2500) has about 78K miles on it and in the middle of installing a Banks Turbo (new system directly from Banks) on it. While reading volume I of The Diesel Page 6.2L book, Jim recomends replacing the injectors if 100k miles on them, because of #2 injector and downpipe clearance issue. My question is what injectors to go with and where to get the recommended injectors? Should I go with new or rebuilt, what brand etc.? I got this truck from my Dad (original owner) and he told me the injectors were never replaced.

Thanks, Craig

john8662
02-08-2010, 22:39
78k miles, you still got lots of life, leave 'em alone.

The downpipe should be close to #8 (not #2), but I don't think it'll make it too hard to work on either way.

Enjoy.

More Power
02-13-2010, 14:31
Actually, it was injectors #2 & 4 that I thought was closest to the turbo downpipe in the Banks installation I did. #6 & 8 injectors could be removed without removing the pipe. It just that it makes it easier to R&R the glow plugs and injectors before installing the Banks kit - if they need to be done at all.

http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/photopost/data/500/banks-left-side.jpg

6.5TDTahoe
02-14-2010, 22:23
Factory equipped TD engines generally have "higher pop pressure than N.A. applications.I've seen statements that state NA injectors will help off idle response with a TD. Go directly to a Standyne or Bosch distributer for accurate application information. And no Marine injectors arn''t for street use nor do they make 40 additional horse power.