PDA

View Full Version : Lots of codes...PLEASE HELP!!!!

midnightrumbler
02-15-2010, 17:15
I pulled apart the dash and removed the instrument panel to investigate why I am not getting a check engine light when the paper clip trick is applied in port A & B of the OBDI.

I have found that I have 5 bulbs that are burnt out so I moved a couple around that were functioning to the adequate areas until I can purchase new ones and see I have an array of check engine codes.

* CODE 29
Glow Plug Relay Fault
Glow plug relay was replaced recently so that may explain this code.

*CODE 41
Brake Switch Circuit Fault

*CODE 46
Malfunction Indicator Lamp

*CODE 49
Service Throttle Soon Lamp Circuit Fault

*CODE 57
PCM 5 Volt Shorted

*CODE 62
Turbo Boost Sensor Circuit Low

*CODE 81
2-3 Shift Solenoid Circuit Faulty

Why did I want to check codes to begin with? I am having an issue whit the truck when driving the throttle will be eractic and drop in rpm's as if it is loosing fuel pressure. It is fine going up hill but coasting or on straight aways it cuts out. I was told this is the Injector Pump but I wanted to get some codes and do I ever have some. The PMD was recently replaced.

Please point me in the right direction in order to get these codes fixed and cleared.

I think I may reset the ECM and see what codes are still being thrown.

Much appreciated.....

JohnC
02-15-2010, 18:25
Yup, clear them and start over.

The 5 volt short is the one I'd be most concerned about. It implies either a wiring issue or a faulty sensor.

46 and 49 have to do with the dash lights. 57 and 62 are likely related. 81 may be a fluke or a faulty ignition switch.

midnightrumbler
02-17-2010, 13:46
have cleared the codes and now out of the seven I had, only two are showing up at the moment.

*CODE 41
Brake Switch Circuit Fault

I do not have rear brake lights so I am assuming that the switch at the pedal is faulty and is giving a code as I have checked bulbs and fuses

*CODE 49
Service Throttle Soon Lamp Circuit Fault

I am under the assumption that this may be the actually fuel pedal which is electronically controlled causing an issue with my truck as I am getting a hesitation at certain levels of the pedal and it seems to feel like it misses or hesitates.

Could someone confirm this or point me in the right direction?

JohnC
02-17-2010, 14:38
Check power to terminal A on the switch. If it's good, change the brake switch. Otherwise, figure out why there's no power. This can also affect TCC lockup and 4th gear operation as well as cruise control.

DTC 49 could be as simple as a burned out bulb. The PCM doesn't like something about the power through the bulb and the ground path from the bulb to the PCM. This DTC doesn't cause anything other than a stored code.

More Power
02-18-2010, 13:38
Usually, a problem that results in a variety of trouble codes relating to a number of unrelated systems is due to an electrical problem of some sort - i.e. batteries, battery cables, vehicle/engine grounds, alternator, corroded electrical/fuse center, damaged wiring, etc.

Jim

Kennedy
02-19-2010, 08:01
Model year?

Many of the earlier trucks had ignition switch issues causing voltage issues. This seemed to affect the transmission more than anything, but could be related. I'd expect it to get to be more and more likely as these vehicles get older.