PDA

View Full Version : PO234 Engine Overboost Control

TomJ01
02-24-2010, 21:52
2001 D-Max. I am experiencing PO234 when towing my RV (10K lbs) uphill. I have had the boost monitor replaced. The truck does fine until I near the shift point for 5th gear. My boost gauge reads 15 - 17 lbs. The throttle is removed until the truck slows to around 40 mph.

I have had the Code PO234 several times and it is the only Code I get. I had a PCM reflash in 2004, which solved this problem or one very much like it. All intake connections have been verified as good.

Would another reflash of the PCM be helpful? Is there a newer version of software for the PCM or can it revert somehow, back to a prior level (Glitch)? What else should I look for or do to solve this pesky event?

Kennedy
02-25-2010, 10:29
The 2001 is just an odd duck. Some get these codes with a limp mode, some just limp and no code and some have no issues. Some get these issues popping up later in life. The best I can say is that some of these trucks are right on the limit of the OE parameters.

The answer is quite simple and that is in non OE programming updates. I have done quite a few of these 2001's and have yet to have any repeat issues. I just did one locally here this morning.

TomJ01
03-02-2010, 19:02
What is the best way for me to locate someone with the knowledge and equipment to do the needed "non OE" program revisions? I am in the Yuma, AZ area now and will soon be towing my RV to the Las Vegas area.

NutNbutGMC
03-02-2010, 19:15
What is the best way for me to locate someone with the knowledge and equipment to do the needed "non OE" program revisions? I am in the Yuma, AZ area now and will soon be towing my RV to the Las Vegas area.Click on the "Kennedy Diesel" link in Kennedy's signature line (above). He can assist in most cases.

Kennedy
03-03-2010, 09:07
On my web site click on Kennedy Custom.