PDA

View Full Version : DTC 25 - Accellerator Pedal Position 2 High

midnightrumbler
03-09-2010, 15:19
Ok, I am getting a couple issues here with the truck and I am setting a code 25 only, nothing else stored. The SES light does not come on to indicate an issue. I have cleared the codes repeatedly and this code 25 keeps getting set without an SES light come on.

I am having a sort of fishbitting issue where the truck will cut in and out but not stall at higher speeds around 60km/h - 80km/h and it feels as if it has no balls. I can have the throttle down and it has a hard time getting past 80km/h

I get alot of black smoke around those speeds and have a tremendous loss of power. The truck will periodically keep itlself at what ever speed I am at after letting my foot off the throttle as if my foot were still on the pedal which is where the code 25 may be set.

Would a code 25 cause the problems I am experiencing?

The trucks starts and idles great. New filter, fuel filter, fuel tank and fuel, excellent vacuum at idle, lift pump has been checked and functional no air in lines.

No boost gauge at the moment. I may need to run the vacuum gauge to the WIF drain and take it for a run to see if my fuel pressure drops off at these speeds. Could be the lift pump kicking out at these speeds resulting in the fishbitting. OPS sensor looks new as well.

I hooked vacuum up to the line at the actuator and I am reading a good 18 at idle. Where is the selonoid located?

I also hooked up a vac guage to the WIF drain and I am running a consistent 6-7 psi through normal loads and when I punch the throttle she drops down to 2 psi. Up hills I am getting about 3.5-5 Is any of that normal?

JohnC
03-09-2010, 18:17
Fuel pressure looks OK. DTC 25 is a problem with the accelerator pedal or its associated wiring. Fix that first. It could cause all sorts of unusual behavior.