PDA

View Full Version : PO2036 code

lenholub
03-10-2010, 03:49
was the second of my two codes pulled last week, the simple code was a failed glow plug, easy fix but of course cylinder 7, seemingly never fails to be an "easy" fix, but done, couldn't avoid the stealer on the PO2036 code, was told to sit down for this one, seems the turbo vein positioning sensor was gone and the price tag was ball park 7 bills, wow i was taken aback. he asked if i was going into limp mode and i said no and he didn't know why not, so i've search here but find little info on the subject. so it's getting fixed when the part comes in, gonna do some more research. 2006 dmax, 135k miles.

Kennedy
03-10-2010, 09:36
I would be inclined to clear the code and drive until it repeats or shows you a different code.

Everything stock?

What are your local temps/weather conditions?

lenholub
03-10-2010, 11:44
i took your advice, said would be a day or two wait on part, so told them to reset and i'd pick it up. we shall see. All stock and "nice" weather like you.

Kennedy
03-10-2010, 11:51
If it was crappy weather around freezing it could well have just been condensation/frost in the boost sensor. There has been a quite a bit of this if the conditions are right. This can lead to all sorts of different codes related to boost and MAF.

Often times you can remove the boost sensor and find a drop of moisture in the port.