PDA

View Full Version : Bosch VE Injection pump

whiteapeman
03-13-2010, 10:05
Hey all,

I own a 1967 military M715 truck operating with a 97'(ish) Hercules 4 cylinder diesel, 24V. The injection pump is a Bosch VE type and I'm trying to find the exact rebuild kit (Viton seals, o-rings, etc..as she runs off veg now) for this model as well as (if possible) the exact service/repair manual for this specific pump. The serial numbers on the plate are as follows:

NR 0 460 424 044
VE R 314
40-3053603
011 844 11413

Any ideas? Any help would be great in hunting these items down.

Thanks,
Chris
whiteapeman@gmail.com

More Power
03-13-2010, 15:15
I don't know what the Bosch policy might be regarding the availability of service information and parts, but Stanadyne keeps its rebuild information closely guarded. This is partly to preserve their servicing dealer's market (dealers have a big investment in equipment and training) and partly because it would be hard do a good job without the fuel test-bench equipment and service training.

I would recommend working with a local diesel fuel injection shop. Explain what you're doing and what you want. They may be able to suggest individual parts or methods that would work best for your particular situation. Aside from a warranty, a certified rebuilt pump would provide some level of ease in knowing it was done right.

Just my thoughts....

Jim