PDA

View Full Version : Towing mirrors?

Shed
03-23-2010, 16:53
I bought a set of "tall" towing mirrors a few years ago for my 01'. Recently I slid on ice and dinged a tree breaking the pass mirror and housing. Now they no longer make those mirrors. I cannot find anything but the CIPA mirrors, and I hate the CIPA mirrors. I was wondering if any of you ran mirrors similar to the 06' to present tow mirrors? I want the taller mirrors that can extend, preferably with the wide angle at the bottom. Thanks for any help!
Shed

Heartbeat Hauler
03-23-2010, 17:53
The 06 mirrors will work on your '01 truck, and there is a wiring diagram somewhere online that tells you how to connect all the power goodies if you are so inclined. Downside, unless you find someone ready to upgrade to something else and wants to get rid of his stock mirrors, you're gonna pay a pretty penny for them.

DennisG01
03-25-2010, 08:20
Shed, you posted this same question a while back in this thread: http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=36093&highlight=mirror , but we never heard back from you. Was it Mirror Mirror? Did I give you the right phone number to contact them? I called them about a month ago (about a different issue) and they still had those mirrors? I dunno.

Try gm parts direct for factory mirrors.

Shed
03-26-2010, 10:33
Dennis, I apologize! I never got back to that thread, and as usual forgot. I found the web site for RPM, they said they would check but that they no longer carried these. Too bad, I always get comments about them. I'll give them a call and see what I can do. I also saw those Kool view mirrors. Nice. I would rather go to the 06-07 style, but either would work. Thank you for helping out! Shed

DickWells
04-01-2010, 05:02
FWIW, the Kool Views that I just installed are identical with the stock mirrors on my friends' 08 Silverado. They both have Muth etched into the glass, and they're made in the USA.
I'm getting more use to them, but it's taking a while. I did tow a small boat and trailer up to the Donna Flea Market to pick up out new 20' awaning, the other day, and so, I ran the mirrors out full-wide, so that I could watch the VERY marginal tires on the borrowed trailer. Seemed to work out OK. The hardest part, for me, is getting used to the transition from looking at the adjacent lane, either side, in the big lense, checking for passing traffic, and then glancing down to get a wider view in the convex mirror at the bottom. Hard to get used to the quick transition of picture size.
Kool Views are, (seem to be) the most reasonably priced of all those I've seen.

dually2002
04-21-2010, 07:10
Been running these on my dually for about five years. These are what factory tow mirrors should have been. Towing a 36 fw and even with the bed fenders the overall rear view is excellent for the size mirror. Is a great tow mirror and the design is complimentary to the body style. The price is up there but after a few corners,lane changes and backing my trailer up well worth it to me. http://www.kennedydiesel.com/

EdHale
04-22-2010, 01:17
I agree with the Schefenacker Mirrors. Installed mine a few months ago and should have done it sooner.

MacDR50
04-28-2010, 16:27
Can't find them for 2008 Silverado. No other similar mirrors either.:(