PDA

View Full Version : Chiptuning my 94 K2500

Frederiksen
03-25-2010, 12:24
I just resently got my first Chevy, a 6,5 TD K2500 full size p/u, and I would like to get some extra HP out of it.

I have been offered a chip from a private peson in Denmark who import these from the States, but is that easy to get 80-100 HP!!

Please some help, you can see the chip on:

http://www.smallblock.dk/modules/MyAnnonces/index.php?pa=viewannonces&lid=96742

I´ts called Blue and have a number BNTK 16917

Aniother quistion, the dieselpump in my car is modified with some electronics called Scandyne mounted on some kind of coolingdevice, what is that.

Hope for some help, because there is not many Chevys in Denmark

More Power
03-25-2010, 13:35
I just resently got my first Chevy, a 6,5 TD K2500 full size p/u, and I would like to get some extra HP out of it.

I have been offered a chip from a private peson in Denmark who import these from the States, but is that easy to get 80-100 HP!!

Welcome to the board!

Ask to see the chassis dyno graphs showing the results of his performance programming compared to stock programming. A stock 1994 6.5 will produce on average about 160 rear wheel horsepower. A chip that promises an extra 100 would be great, but most of the more aggressive programming out there for the 1994 models will bring the rear wheel horsepower up to about 190 or perhaps a little more. By this point, owners should think about cooling system mods and an intercooler.

Jim

Frederiksen
03-29-2010, 12:58
Thank you, I think I try to mount it and make a test. I have a friend who has a machine to test HP - sorry I don´t know the english word for that:)

More Power
03-29-2010, 13:11
Thank you, I think I try to mount it and make a test. I have a friend who has a machine to test HP - sorry I don´t know the english word for that:)

Perhaps a chassis dyno? If so, bring the truck up to operating temperature, then perform at least three pulls on the dyno - more pulls if you need more confidence in the numbers. You'll likely see power increase for each successive pull as the engine warms. Do this when the stock chip is installed and use the same process after the new chip has been installed.

Jim

stezloco
04-27-2010, 02:35
Hello ,
I'm in the UK and have a '95 k2500 i'm messing with.....keep in touch, let me know how you get on with yours wont you?

regarding your pump mods....do you mean stanadyne? not scandyne?
if so it sounds like your pump driver is mounted on a finned heat sink plate...wheres it mounted?, best place ,i'm told,to avoid underbonnet heat, is bolted behind the front bumper using a longer cable, available most advertisers on this forum, thats how mines been done.;)
.................................................. .................................................. ....