PDA

View Full Version : Having troubles

Plowboy81
03-26-2010, 22:56
I got a 95 Chevy K2500 Diesel 4x4 5 speed. 190,000 miles
Upgrade PDM and 40 horsepower chip.

Other day was getting on the interstate and it jurked then I noticed a lose in power.
Oil preasure went to 80 and I got off interstate. Ideling it stays at around 40 to 50 psi and has a little knock on the engine turbo side. Sounds like on a gas engine when a plug wire is off. Just like the cyclinder is not firing. When you give it fuel the oil preasure goes up to 80. Dont think I turned a bearing cause oil preasure staying low at idel. Have been having a knock sound when starting it in the mornings like a bad injector on the same side. Dont think its injector pump, it was replace two years ago. Could the problem I am having now be do to the injector? Or is the motor shot?

Robyn
03-27-2010, 07:23
Very supicious indeed.

Hook a direct reading gauge to the oil fitting and see whats happening.

The Oil pressure anomally could be an electrical issue such as the Oil pressure switch has failed.

The oil pressure switch also runs the fuel lift pump.
A loss of power and wierd readings definately could be related.

Check it out and let us know

Missy

DaveBr
03-27-2010, 17:58
Is it missing? If it is not firing on one cyl. pull your oil fill cap to see if it is huffing out the fill pipe. If not then it could be valve or something gone bad in the fuel delivery system Like a plugged injector or a bad IP plunger.

Plowboy81
03-29-2010, 09:55
Was doing the oil presaure test and injector test, when it finily give way. Do believe now its a busted crank or a broking rod. Oil presaure was holding at 25psi at idel and 50psi at 2200. Tell the engine made a nice bang sound. Now it sounds like an old trashing maching on the number three piston. So its internal.

Big Green
03-29-2010, 12:43
Pull the valve cover and check the rocker retaining clips.

Plowboy81
03-29-2010, 14:37
Well do, if dont see something there going pull the head.

JohnC
03-30-2010, 10:05
Before you pull things apart, I'd check the accessory drive pulley, the harmonic dampener, and the flex plate for secure attachment and integrity!

Plowboy81
03-30-2010, 22:15
Well checked the drive belt and harmonic dampener. Look good. Have pen pointed the knock to cyclinder 3. Taking out injector tomorrow and going uses a cam to look into the cyclinder.

85-m1028
03-31-2010, 12:35
How many miles on the truck? I had the keyway shear off on my injection pump and this allowed the timing to slip out. It started as a heavy knocking sound and then on to the out of kilter washing machine sound until it wouldn't run anymore. PS. there was lots of white smoke too.

I would have swore up an down I threw a lifter rod or busted something in the top end.

This condition is caused by a worn and loose timing chain.

Plowboy81
04-04-2010, 22:54
It has 200,000 miles on the truck. Sounds like what mine is doing. Tried to start it today and it wouldnt start. Could smell diesel but it wouldnt fire. By keyway where is it located at? Is it the one in the gear where the three bolts hold it to the gear or is it one those deals where you have to pull pump to see it?