PDA

View Full Version : security light will not go out

DADSRIG
03-28-2010, 21:45
Made the mistake of replacing both batteries at the same time...Now the security light on the message center will not extinguish...tryed the relearning procedure no help...dissconnected both batteries, no help...I never lost the radio presets... must be recieving power from some other location....Any help out there???

madmatt
03-29-2010, 05:04
does it start and the light stay on or is there a no start condition as well?

DADSRIG
03-31-2010, 19:57
It starts and runs great. When I was trouble shooting and disconnected the battery connections, I never lost my radio presets. The security light just remained on.

madmatt
04-01-2010, 06:52
check for codes??

fpd729
05-24-2012, 12:27
did you ever find out what the problem was with the security light?

More Power
07-12-2012, 13:44
I don't necessarily place trust in coincidence, but an intermittent door switch could cause this problem. The doors switches for both the outside keylock mechanism and courtesy lights are monitored. Jim

db8
10-22-2012, 08:49
I have the same problem and was wondering if you figured out your problem with the security light on and absolutely no other problems? I too disconnected both batteries at the same time because my middle son wrecked the truck (2002 HD GMC Duramax) and it was getting fixed. This happened a year ago and no issues....just the security light on constantly.

The dealer wants $123 just to put it on the code reader. Thanks. Dave

More Power
10-22-2012, 13:44
I've disconnected both batts several times... Never a problem with the security light.

DickWells
10-22-2012, 14:58
Be interested to find out something about this issue, myself. My son's 03 DM has had that light glowing since he bought it used in 05!
Just FWIW dept. Last Spring, when I was trying to chase down some electrical problems of my own, with my 04 Sierra, I in-advertently ran into the line that runs that little security icon. I had the cladding off both the top and bottom of my steering column, and found one connector there, just behind the steering wheel, and when I disconnected that one, the little lock came on. Trouble is, I don't know which connector, now. Anyway, I thought at the time that I might have solved my son's problem, but, last time I asked, he still hadn't gotten around to get under that tupperware and look for a loose connector.