PDA

View Full Version : Rubber radiator mounts?

neo
03-29-2010, 14:08
Hi all. We drove the burb (89 v2500) down here to Florida for kids spring break. Towed a small pop up camper. She tried to overheat all the way down. We could only do about 55 all the way down 95. Certain lots of folks were complaining about how slow we were. I have been running a two core Alum rad, no coolant loss, hi flow pennisular pump and so on. Ordered a new high efficiency rad today per another post I plan on installing tomorrow. The issue is I know I need to replace the rubber mount grommets, but can't locate them anywhere. Does anyone have a secret to where to find replacements? I an pretty desparate at this point cause we leave at the end of the week. Thanks!

wthif
03-31-2010, 19:24
I just order a complete set from LMC Truck parts. Fairly inexpensive too should be here at the end of the week, hoping they work correctly.

neo
04-06-2010, 15:56
Thanks for the info! I used some heater hose to get us back to nc and am awaiting the catalog. She ran better on the way home. I think with the 4.10 gears and th400 55/60 pulling the trailer is about max. Pushing harder started her to get hotter. At slower speeds temp was between 195 and 200 which is way better. Found crap in the tstat which makes me think pump is probly fouled too. Plan to clear it over the weekend. Thanks again!

Robyn
04-08-2010, 07:00
Install a 180F stat.

Make sure the system is clean and free of junk in the coolant.

Be sure your fan clutch is in good order. If the bimetal spring on the front of the fan clutch has oil leaking out and the spring is gunked up with dirt, the clutch will not work right..

Good luck

Robyn

neo
04-27-2010, 19:00
Thanks Robyn. I ended up purchasing a Vista-Pro radiator and replaced the AutoZone one I had. Temps came down considerably. All seems very good now. However, now I am faced witht he need to sell the 89 burb. It had the GM Goodwrench replacement engine and probably about 150k on it. The trans is the TH400 I put in a year ago. It was a CUCV take out where the truck had 37k. Tranny is great, engine is solid. Hate to sell it, but just bought a 96 6.5 TD 2500 burb and the boss says the 89 must go. Not certain what it is worth though. Any ideas? Going to post to get some feedback.