PDA

View Full Version : air in fuel filter

duromaximo
04-01-2010, 18:41
I have a 2001 chevy HD and keep getting a P0093 code(Fuel System Large Leak Detected). The truck shut down one time and the other times it misses and won't run correct. Every time I check and reprime the fuel filter where I find air. Any idea how the air is getting in? I cant find a fuel leak. There is a rubber hose out of the top of the filter housing that looks like it need to be changed but still no fuel leaking out.

madmatt
04-02-2010, 05:56
have you changed the filter recently? There may be a chance the seal rolled out of position and is sucking air. the thing to remember is there usually wont be a fuel leak since the supply side of the system works under vacuum. I've seen filter bases crack and the screws holding the primer bulb down come loose also.

Kennedy
04-03-2010, 16:26
Aside for the obvious mechanical points that Matt made, the 2001's tend to be problematic with odd limp modes. A lift pump wil help with the air and is something that every Dmax should have.

We've got an ECM in test running with a 2001 and should know the results shortly. You'll see a trend of 2001 owners with limp modes both phantom and with DTC's if you look at other posts here.