PDA

View Full Version : I have a new noise !??!!!?

rogers
04-02-2010, 20:39
Spent a good chunk of the day driving the truck around town today, parked it in the garage and popped the hood. Randomly I removed the oil filler cap and heard a ting, ting, ting sound like some one hitting an anvil with a ball peen hammer. I have not been able to check if it goes away with rpms. Any guesses?

thor04
04-02-2010, 20:54
My turbo heat shield makes that noise, took me for ever to find what was making the noise it drives me nuts tried wacking it with a rubber mallet still does it though oh well just got to hold the hand on it when listening for other noises

rogers
04-02-2010, 22:12
I have read other posts that have mentioned that, my turbo however does not have the heat shield on right now. I can't hear it when the oil is not hot. Could it be the dsg timing gears? Anyone else with gears have a similar noise?

I think we need a smilie of a guy banging his head against the wall. Maybe I should just make that my avatar, that's what I feel like a lot of the time.

Yukon6.2
04-03-2010, 08:06
Hi
I'v got the same gears,and they do make a different sound than a chain.I havn't listened to mine for a while,but thats probly what you are hearing.
Thomas