PDA

View Full Version : Air Filter Box

BLUMAX
04-15-2010, 10:26
Ok stupid question of the day. last night I finally did the air box mod by cutting off the corner as described in a DIY project. My question is that when I put everything back together, (as you look front to back) on the air box cover behind the MAF sensor I noticed a hole, about 1/2 inch dia in the cover. It looks like it belongs there drilled/manufactured, the hole looked pretty clean like something should be there. I looked everywhere for a line, plug, anything that would fit, and I can't find anythig missing that should be plugged in there. The scary part is this hole is after the filter, so raw air could enter the ducting into the turbo. I plugged it up for now, but just what goes in there?? I'm at work and can't post a picture, any ideas?

DmaxMaverick
04-15-2010, 10:58
That's for the "Filter Minder". Look around for it. Hopefully, it hasn't been missing since before you started your mod (dirty air will bypass the filter). You may have knocked it loose while messing with the airbox.

The Filter Minder is an air filter restriction gage (shows you when you should replace the air filter). It is a plastic cylinder shaped gadget, about 1-1/4" diameter and 2" long (including the nipple). Clear with a yellow disc inside, and a rubber push-button on the end. It just pushes into the duct in a rubber grommet.

BLUMAX
04-15-2010, 11:05
Thats Right! thanks now I remember, yes it was on there before, now gotta find where it went. Probably on the side of the road coming into work. Like I said I did plug it so everythings good, either I find that one or replace it. Again a big thanks!